‘For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve …
ITS ALL ABOUT TEAM WORK!
Administrative Team | Children’s Ministry Team | Communications Team | Connections Team | Creative Team | Events Team | Financial Team | Missions Team | Praise and Worship Team | Premises Care Team | Sunday Service Experience Team | Youth Ministry Team
FIRST THINGS FIRST
To serve in any of the underlying ministries we do require the following of you:
- Be a committed follower of Christ
- Be or intend to become a formal member of Custom House Baptist Church (The House) – this will require attending Class 101 and signing the Membership Covenant form. A copy of the membership covenant form is attached to this write-up
- Have undergone water baptism in obedience to the command of Scripture, or be willing to be baptised at the earliest opportunity.
ADMINISTRATIVE TEAM (LED BY CHURCH SECRETARY)
The engine room that ensures the smooth running of the church
- Develop sustainable and scalable filing system
- Database upkeep – (Fellowship One mastery required)
- Keep records – health and safety inspections, CRB etc.
- Develop depository of essential church rotas
- Schedule and organise the following meetings:
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Keep record of meetings at various ministry and team meetings (simply gather minutes together as archive)
- Respond to correspondence from external bodies e.g. LBA, BUGB
CHILDRENS MINISTRY TEAM
(more men are needed in this ministry)
The vision is to make Sunday the best day of the week for our children.
- Plan and agree curriculum with pastor
- Organise outings for children
- Organise yearly summer camps in partnership with third parties e.g. Scripture Union.
- Plan and implement yearly VBS, Hallelujah party, Children’s play and end of year party for children.
Making sure our members and visitors are kept up to date about church activities.
- Updating the church website and church notice boards
- Producing the Sunday church program and programs for special events e.g. Christmas, Easter etc.
- Produce the monthly e-Newsletter.
- Production (but not formulation) of training materials
Please note – the Connections principle goes well beyond Sunday.
- Represent the first line of welcome to our church guests – Guest welcome and guest hospitality
- Actively connect recent attendees to the life of the church (small groups, any active affinity groups – MBW, Women’s Fellowship, Lydia Sisterhood etc. – develop strategies for doing this.
- Follow assimilation process as detailed in existing connections flowchart.
Creative is the word here. Need to keep abreast of modern trends in design. Team will engage in:
Production of sermon graphics plus matching projected graphics (Welcome, Notices, Departing)
Leaflets, postcard campaigns, posters, banners.
Responsible for internal and external photography
Video production – announcements, publicity requirements, mini video clips
Planning and implementing internal and external events in accordance with ministry plans set for the year (except Children’s ministry events)
- Organise church wide outings – take responsibility for all logistics Planning and implementing events
- Organise church wide internal and missions social events
- Liaising with local authorities with respect to permits and other legal requirements
- Due diligence in planning events.
To look after the financial wellbeing of the church:
You will be involved in (but not limited to)
- Manage church costs – especially utilities. Intentionally seek efficiencies.
- Manage and account for church finances
- Following up on outstanding items
- Grant application for defined projects
This team will have direct oversight from the pastor. The following will be key roles.
- Liaising with other ministries in the church to forge a joined up mission plan.
- Mobilise the church for mission.
- Building community relationships
- Promoting a missional spirituality in church
PRAISE AND WORSHIP TEAM
If you can sing or can play an instrument you belong on this team!
Guitars (of all types), drums, keyboard. If you can play any other instrument, please let’s know.
- Join in leading worship on Sunday from the stage
- Agree worship plans with pastor at beginning of year
- Design worship that occasionally celebrates our diversity
- Keep up to date with contemporary worship songs
- Develop the next generation – guided by a planned and timed program.
This ministry group will oversee the use and maintenance of the church building, the maintenance of the pastor’s residence and other acquired landed properties.
Areas of oversight will include:
- Health, Safety and Accessibility issues.
- Maintenance and upkeep
- Minor and intermediate building works
- Ensure cleanliness of premises
SUNDAY SERVICE EXPERIENCE TEAM
Understanding the ‘An Hour On Sunday’ concept is important to this team (recommended that team familiarise self with book)
Requirements will be:
- Coordinate church service elements, highlight gaps in implementation (time, quality etc.)
- Develop and implement ‘set up sheet’ THIS IS CORE
- Service assessment – develop and use cue sheet.
- Quality control – e.g. note spelling mistakes in projected lyrics etc.
- Coordinate hospitality – church and first time guests.
- First impressions – Access church with respect to the five senses – coordinate with other ministries to discuss and implement recommendations.
- Organise ushering aspects of service
YOUTH MINISTRY TEAM
This especially demanding ministry is to young people God has entrusted us with.
You will be involved in:
- Being a mentor to young people (run mentoring program)
- Develop curriculum drawing on existing third party resources e.g. Newham YFC
- Teaching the curriculum
- Organising outings
- Exploring opportunities to integrate group into the wider life of the church – helping out in the welcoming team, PA team etc.